Custom Webapp failed installation

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 3.6.5.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello,

I can’t install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/my_webapp_ynh anymore.
Here is the log of the failed installation: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/qeqadabono.

I have already installed and remove multiple instance of this app on my server.

Thanks for you help!

Apparently there’s a syntax issue in /etc/ssh/sshd_config :

2019-12-01 11:58:40,996: WARNING - déc. 01 11:46:01 ynh.thomasduquet.com sshd[924]: /etc/ssh/sshd_config line 64: Directive 'PrintMotd' is not allowed within a Match block

Which is probably related to the fact that my_webapp inject custom stuff in the config file … (c.f. here)

1 Like

Thanks @Aleks

Here is what I got in my sshd_config file:

##-> my_webapp                                                                                                                                                                  
# Hardening user connection                                                                                                                                                     
Match User webapp1                                                                                                                                                              
  ChrootDirectory %h                                                                                                                                                            
  ForceCommand internal-sftp                                                                                                                                                    
  AllowTcpForwarding no                                                                                                                                                         
  PermitTunnel no                                                                                                                                                               
  X11Forwarding no                                                                                                                                                              
##<- my_webapp

So I already have a custom webapp installed, working good.
When I try to install another instance, the name of the new instance is:

• ID my_webapp

Shoudn’t it be my_webapp_2? Does it why the install fails?

Is that … everything there is ?

… Yes, but where / when do you see that information exactly …

No, c.f. the error message in the previous post, the issue is that there’s a Directive 'PrintMotd' ... within a Match block

Can you see this in the sshd_config ?

I’m so sorry, I’ve found the cause of the issue, and that was something I had put in sshd_config:

# permit root login                                                                                                                                      
Match Address (my home ip)                                                                                                                             
      PermitRootLogin yes                                                                                                                              

I deleted it and the app install itself perfectly.
Apparently I made a mistake with this. I was trying to access to my yunohost server in FTP, but anyway it didn’t work.

Thanks!