Custom app and Jekyll

My YunoHost server

Hardware: A VM in my old gaming computer
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin and eventually direct access. The server is a closet ^^
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I would like to create a CV in a static page. To experiment, I’ve found somes tutorial which use Jekyll. I’ve install My Webapp to this purpose.

I’ve followed the install instruction on official site. I doesn’t work. I’ve got a 403 error.

I’ve try to install an other application (pluxml) in /var/www/my_webapp/www by unzip it. Everything works.

Did some already test or try something like that ? Did I made a mistake ?

403 is about access permission.

I’ve followed the install instruction on official site.

Do you mean jekyll website?

In this folder:

/var/www/my_webapp/www

should only be those files/folders that are going to be published, do not install any app there.

Yes. Jekyll website.

With the official tutorial, nothing works. When I download an other application, like Pluxml, and I unzip it, I can use it.

So, I should wget jekyll’s archive and unzip it in /var/www/my_webapp/www ?

no, in my opinion, you should not do that.

in /var/www/my_webapp/www/ you should only put the files/folders you want to make publicly available in your website, it should match the result folder of jekyll building your website from source files you edit/create.

You have to run Jekyll localy on your own computer and after only push to server your resulting .html files and assets (CSS, images, etc.).

To push the files of the site use SFTP, SCP (via SSH) or Rsync…
For a small site SFTP is fine

Ok. I understand how it works.

Thanks for your help ! ^^

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.