[Cowyo] A feature-rich wiki webserver for minimalists

Cowyo for YunoHost

Integration level
Install DokuWiki with YunoHost

This package allow you to install Cowyo quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don’t have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.

What is cowyo?

As stated in the title, cowyo is a feature-rich wiki webserver for minimalists. It runs from a simple Go executable, and enables quick note writing to wiki-like editing with history and Markdown support. Notes can be published, set to self-destruct, password-locked, and encrypted.

Shipped version: v2.12.0, 2018-04-22

Screenshots

Documentation

YunoHost specific features and limitations

• The cowyo executable is wrapped into a service
  • Not all the executable’s parameters are proposed upon installation (think custom CSS for example), but you can easily change the service starting commands (/etc/systemd/system/cowyo.service) and reload it. See Cowyo’s own documentation to find the parameters.
  • :no_entry_sign: No multi-user support (cowyo’s limitation). If the app is set to public, anyone can write into it.
  • :-1: Installation is only supported on a dedicated domain, so far.

Supported architectures

• x86-64b - Build Status
  • ARM - Build Status
  • Buster x86-64b - Build Status

Links

Developers infos

Only if you know what you are doing AND want to switch to an unstable branch for testing or coding. Instead of merging directly into master, please do your pull request to the testing branch

To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/cowyo_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade cowyo -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/cowyo_ynh/tree/testing --debug 

Changelog

Master branch

• 2018-08-16 : Initial release
  • 2020-03-29 : App fixed, compatible with YNH v3.7, level 7
3 Likes

Hi,

I have just discovered this application that I find very interesting! Can you please tell me more about it:

I don’t find any cowyo.sh script.

Thanks!

My bad! After my last update, I do not rely on a script any more. You can check Cowyo’s repo for its documentation, and alter its starting parameters in the service file (something like /etc/systemd/system/cowyo.service).

Note that Cowyo seems abandoned by its creator. It still works well, but do not expect new features or bug fixes.

Yes, it’s a shame :frowning:
Thank you for your response !

Have a nice day.

1 Like