Can't login after installation

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.0.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I installed Yunohost on a second try, after I encountered some issue with LDAP. So it made sense, when I got these warnings back:

Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=users' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'users'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=users', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'users'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=domains' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'domains'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=domains', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'domains'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=groups' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'groups'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=groups', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'groups'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=sudo' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'sudo'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=sudo', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'sudo'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=apps' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'apps'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=apps', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'apps'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'ou=permission' -> '{'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'permission'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='ou=permission', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['organizationalUnit', 'top'], 'ou': 'permission'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=visitors,ou=groups' -> '{'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'groupOfNamesYnh'], 'gidNumber': '4003', 'cn': 'visitors'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=visitors,ou=groups', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'groupOfNamesYnh'], 'gidNumber': '4003', 'cn': 'visitors'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=all_users,ou=groups' -> '{'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'groupOfNamesYnh'], 'gidNumber': '4002', 'cn': 'all_users'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=all_users,ou=groups', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'groupOfNamesYnh'], 'gidNumber': '4002', 'cn': 'all_users'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=admins,ou=groups' -> '{'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'top'], 'memberUid': 'admin', 'gidNumber': '4001', 'cn': 'admins'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=admins,ou=groups', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'top'], 'memberUid': 'admin', 'gidNumber': '4001', 'cn': 'admins'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=admin,ou=sudo' -> '{'cn': 'admin', 'sudoCommand': 'ALL', 'sudoUser': 'admin', 'objectClass': ['sudoRole', 'top'], 'sudoOption': '!authenticate', 'sudoHost': 'ALL'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=admin,ou=sudo', attr_dict={'cn': 'admin', 'sudoCommand': 'ALL', 'sudoUser': 'admin', 'objectClass': ['sudoRole', 'top'], 'sudoOption': '!authenticate', 'sudoHost': 'ALL'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=mail.main,ou=permission' -> '{'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'permissionYnh'], 'gidNumber': '5001', 'groupPermission': ['cn=all_users,ou=groups,dc=yunohost,dc=org'], 'cn': 'mail.main'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=mail.main,ou=permission', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'permissionYnh'], 'gidNumber': '5001', 'groupPermission': ['cn=all_users,ou=groups,dc=yunohost,dc=org'], 'cn': 'mail.main'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}
Warning: Error when trying to inject 'cn=xmpp.main,ou=permission' -> '{'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'permissionYnh'], 'gidNumber': '5002', 'groupPermission': ['cn=all_users,ou=groups,dc=yunohost,dc=org'], 'cn': 'xmpp.main'}' into ldap: error during LDAP add operation with: rdn='cn=xmpp.main,ou=permission', attr_dict={'objectClass': ['posixGroup', 'permissionYnh'], 'gidNumber': '5002', 'groupPermission': ['cn=all_users,ou=groups,dc=yunohost,dc=org'], 'cn': 'xmpp.main'} and exception {'desc': u'Already exists'}

Then I created a user through SSH, which worked fine. But when I open my domain in a browser (Firefox on Linux Mint), I wasn’t able to log in - it looked like the browser is timeouting and there is no reposnse in the dev tools. I ran diagnosis, but the only errors recorder were related to missing DNS records. I also tried to log in at https:// with admin password, which worked fine on a second try. The only possibly related error I was able to find in syslog is
Oct 9 21:13:42 xxxxx nslcd[527]: [e87ccd] <passwd="*"> request denied by validnames option

I also tried to look to service logs to no avail…

What else can I try?

Weeeeeeeelll, as a random question, are you trying to access your server using the domain name whiiiiich could be related to the missing DNS records ? :thinking:

DNS records for web interface should be correct according to the diagnosis. I checked theme also outside of the Yunohost context and everything looks good. However, I strongly suspect it has something in common with network errors (connection timeouts) I encountered in the admin web interface - apt cache couldn’t be updated and random app (wekan) couldn’t be installed. But I was able to install it just fine using CLI through SSH.

Did you experience anything like this?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.