Can't log in via terminal after upgrade from 11.1.19 to 11.1.20

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online

YunoHost version: 11.1.20 (stable).

I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No

Description of my issue

Hello all, hope someone can help. upgraded to yunohost latest version yesterday, now when I try to login as my admin user via puTTY ssh, it fails with a message saying no supported authentication methods available, server sent publickey. so I’m guessing somehow an ssh key was added by the upgrade, a key I don’t have so can’t log in via ssh. is this a known bug or something I’ve done by accidnt, and how do I fix it?
take care
craig.

I’m very skeptical this has anything to do with the upgrade from 11.1.19 to 11.1.20, the difference is minimal and doesn’t contain anything related to SSH

hmm, in that case wonder what’s caused it.

cant even get into a terminal through webmin, it says http socket error or something.
have rebooted my server lets see if thats fixed it.
no, still doing it. might have to download my yunohost backup and reinstall everything from scratch though I’m wary of doing this after the last time when my backup refused to work, meaning I had to go back to 19th may. any ideas on how to fix this error?

Can you share the exact message you mentioned via “a message saying no supported authentication methods available”

Hello Aleks, good news!
I figured out the problem. it was dear webmin causing it!
went into servers, ssh server, authentication methods, then set allow login by password to yes, i guess the webmin update was what caused the issue maybe it auto set this to no.
thank god for that! was worried i was going to have to reset everything again.
take care

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.