Can’t connect as admin to SSH, but web admin works fine

My YunoHost server

Hardware: AWS EC2 VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH as a user that has explicit SSH permission to and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I am trying to login via SSH using the user “admin” and the webadmin password to change wiki.js SAML config settings.
when I try to login via SSH using user “admin” and the webadmin password, I get “Access Denied”
I can login to the webadmin and I have reset the admin password, but the result was the same.
I have also tried logging in through EC2 instance connect, but get the result:

Failed to connect to your instance
Error establishing SSH connection to your instance. Please wait and try again later.

I can login successfully via SSH as a user I have given explicit permission on the webadmin portal, but that user does not have sudo permissions.

I have rebooted the server and turned on fail2ban, but the result was the same.

Here are my diagnostic logs: hastebin

Could someone please help me login via SSH as admin?

hi @ad593

it’s probably Fail2Ban

[ERROR] Service fail2ban is dead :(
  - You can try to restart the service, and if it doesn't work, have a look at the service logs in the webadmin (from the command line, you can do this with 'yunohost service restart fail2ban' and 'yunohost service log fail2ban').

Fail2Ban stop ssh connection

try app “Shell in a Box” , install apps

restart Fail2ban

NB: ```
It looks like your apt is configured to use the backports repository. It’s not a good idea :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.