Can someone help me understand what the 'empty' are capable of?

For example, if I wanted to install something like Omeka S, Wikibase, or ArchivesSpace, would I use the empty app? Or do I need to learn more coding so I can figure out how to repackage those particular SaaS apps as _ynh ones?

If these apps are static html or (simple) php+mysql, and you want to setup them “quickly just for you”, yes

Edit: note that I see that Wikibase is supposedly an extension of Mediawiki, which is already packaged if i remember correctly

It’s not mandatory and it probably more complex than just “getting it to work on your own machine”, but that would allow the entire community to benefit from your work (and others packagers interested by these apps might help you with the maintenance on the mid/long term)

1 Like

Sorry for the delay!

If these apps are static html or (simple) php+mysql, and you want to setup them “quickly just for you”, yes

Omeka might work–according to github it’s overwhelmingly PHP GitHub - omeka/omeka-s: Omeka S is a web publication system for universities, galleries, libraries, archives, and museums. It consists of a local network of independently curated exhibits sharing a collaboratively built pool of items, media, and their metadata. I saw someone made an omeka _ynh but when I tried it it failed

Same thing with mediawiki, it is at “level 0” according to the catalog and fails when I try to use it. I’ll try to go to the place and file a bug!

(here’s the issue report if you’re curious: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mediawiki_ynh/issues/18)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.