Best way to sync & share photos between different users? Nextcloud?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1.12.2 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: NextCloud v25.0.4~ynh1

Description of my issue

Hi all,

I’m trying to get my family away from Google step by step. One major subject is storing photos in a cloud and sharing them - and it has to “just work” for people with a low level of IT literacy…

The required tasks are:

• View photos on a personal Android device,
  • create albums & sort the photos into these albums,
  • sync these albums into a cloud,
  • decide whether you want to keep a local copy of your album or just access it in the cloud when you need to,
  • share single albums with other family members in a way that they can
    ** choose to have a copy of the album on their devices as well
    ** add photos to the shared album that are then sync’ed to other subscribers of that album.

Is there a known working solution for this?

I have tried to use LesPas from the F-Droid store on the Android devices with a Nextcloud hosted on a VPS. While sync’ing works great between one device and NextCloud, it breaks once albums are shared in a mutual folder on the NextCloud: Only the first two or three shared albums appear completely on the second device - then sync breaks somewhere in the next album.
Where can I find the corresponding Nextcloud logfiles to learn more about the attempted access?

I’m looking forward for your input!