Become root in the shell (YNH 11.1.x+)

Hello,

I have updated my YunoHost to 11.1.7. The old admin will be deleted soon. But before that, I wanted to test whether I can log in and administer everything with the user that was created first. It looks good in the web frontend :slight_smile:

I can also log in via SSH. BUT: I cannot become super user (root) with the access data of the first user! That only works with the old admin password. Will the access with this password remain if I delete the old admin user?

Thanks for your help.
tinder

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Hallo,

ich habe mein YunoHost auf 11.1.7 aktualisiert. Der alte Admin wird demnächst gelöscht. Vorher wollte ich aber noch testen, ob ich mit dem User, der zu erst angelegt wurde, mich einloggen und alles administrieren kann. Im Webfrontend sieht es gut aus :slight_smile:

Per SSH kann ich mich auch einloggen. ABER: ich kann mit den Zugangsdaten des ersten Users nicht Super User (root) werden! Das geht nur mit dem alten Admin-Passwort. Bleibt der Zugang mit diesem Passwort bestehen, wenn ich den alten Admin-User lösche?

Habt Dank für eure Hilfe.
tinder

What commands are you using to gain root access? What is the error?

Mine works:

ssh myadmin@myserver.example
# (logs in as myadmin)
myadmin$ sudo su
# asks for password (or not, depending on setting)
root# 

Oh, I tried su only. With sudo su it works :wink:

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.