Baserow an open source (MIT) no-code database - The future of Excel/Calc/Sheets - Airtable like app

Hello, I just discovered the Baserow app. According to the description on their site it allow us to…

Create your own database without technical experience. Our user friendly no-code tool gives you the powers of a developer without leaving your browser.

Link to their site: https://baserow.io/
Link to the installation doc: Installation on Ubuntu // Baserow
Link to the repo: Baserow / baserow · GitLab

If someone is interested we could discuss about it, also I might find time to help to package it.

6 Likes

Hello,

I think it’s a great idea!
Unfortunately, I don’t have the skills to help you to manage it… Is there any updated documentation?
It is written on this link that it is outdated …

There is also NocoDB:

1 Like

I have started working on NocoDB_ynh, the install process looks very simple. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ou peut-on tester nocodb ?
J’ai trouvé ton git @tituspijean mais impossible d’installer.
Cette application m’intéresse vraiment :slight_smile:

Any news ? :slight_smile:

If I recall correctly, everything went fine until I couldn’t make it work with YunoHost’s reverse proxy. I can share my code tonight, I had created a repo but never pushed anything: GitHub - tituspijean/nocodb_ynh: Open Source Airtable alternative, packaged for YunoHost

2 Likes

I have just pushed my work. It should be working at the root of a domain, I think? I will start CI-testing. :slight_smile:
And I discover that I used their nocodb-seed repo (instead of simply nocodb)? I will investigate why. ^^"

Edit: Nope, underlying database does not work.

Edit2: Packaged! [NocoDB] Turn any database into a smart spreadsheet

2 Likes

Hello, I just found this comparision of no code tools: (in french) Panorama des outils libres nocode / lowcode

2 Likes

For people who like notions there is https://www.appflowy.io/ which a free and open source alternative.

2 Likes

3 more open source no/low code tools:

I did not test them, but I wanted to share with you. Some people might be interested to have such apps.

Hi,

After having tested some of these tools (nocodb, baserow, seatable) I find Grist really interesting, and above its competitors. The fact that you can create different views from the same tables, and view that integrate several tables, makes it a very powerful and adaptive tool.

For example, I was able to easily create a space where I manage all my professional notes, tasks to be done, associated contacts. I can synthesize all this information for a particular project, on a single page (I can provide more explanations and screenshots if some are interested).

Anyway, I love this tool, it would be great if someone could package it :slight_smile: (I don’t have the skills for that unfortunately)

It looks simple enough to package! I’ve taken the liberty to add it to the wishlist.

Hi @jln,

Anyway, I love this tool, it would be great if someone could package it :slight_smile: (I don’t have the skills for that unfortunately)

I have packaged it, it should be available in a week in the catalog :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @nath5394

I’m very interested in baserow. Do you still have a use for it and interest in packaging it?

I don’t have packaging skills, but would be happy to learn any skills needed to continue to keeping a Baserow package maintained. I would need a more experienced collaborator tho :wink:

Hey :blush: sorry I don’t have time these days. But you can add a star on the whish list here YunoHost app store | Application Wishlist

1 Like

Hey!

I appreciate you letting me know, and the reminder re the application wishlist. Excited to see Penpot getting so many stars, too! :heart_eyes: