Authentication issues with YunoHost 11.1.0 with new SSOwat version / Please upgrade to YunoHost 11.1.2 to fix

Dunno what you mean by “leave it in testing”, but yes …

If reverting to the stable version was simple, we would advice this instead. There’s no way to go back to stable, there are major non-revertible changes between 11.0 and 11.1

ah, lol, got it.
thanks for sharing.

i didn’t understand this bit…

I mean if you want to “opt out” of the testing upgrades after upgrading to 11.1.2.x, then you should remove the “testing” keyword by editing the file with e.g. sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yunohost.list and remove the testing keyword.

But as said, that’s not recommended because you wont benefit from possible bugfixes that may be published before 11.1 gets released as stable (in fact this is precisely what is happening right now). So I would stick with testing and only opt out of testing once 11.1 is really released as stable

1 Like

@Aleks

You mention about editing

and then if you want remove the “testing”

We understand each other so yes….

Now showing 11.1.2.2 (testing) I will leave this as it is until stable is released…So the first part of your instructions worked. Thank you.

However, just tried a Nextcloud client (iOS) entered the credentials etc but failed with.

Access Denied State token does not match

Hmmmm

Dj

Mokay so let’s double-check that grep use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf /etc/ssowat/conf.json now does show something

Hi… just run that and got

“use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf”: true,

But multiple times, about 20 lines with a mix of true and false

Dj

Yes, that’s expected

So are you experiencing the same symptoms as before upgrading, or did something change ?

@Aleks i didn’t change anything. What I did do is delete the Nextcloud app and try again with same result. I was just about to turn off Nextcloud 2FA to see if that was causing token issues?

Dj

I mean you said you’re now running YunoHost 11.1.2.2 so I assume you just upgraded from 11.1.0 …

Yes sir. I did the fist part of your instructions then did nothing more than try to connect a Nextcloud client that failed with a new message regarding tokens.

See my earlier message for the correct message

Dj

Mokay, and does it work on your other devices ?

Not on iOS no

Dj

@Aleks Nextcloud client for OSX is NOW working… Just this minute tested it. File syncing works fine, however the password for contacts and calendar do not get authenticated.

I have tested the Nextcloud client on two different iOS devices with the same result. See attachment

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 23.53.43 Medium

dj

Sorry don’t understood all (sick kid don’t grow up my English abilities ^^)

For me it work do nothing but just

’’’curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | bash’’’

And then
’’’grep use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf /etc/ssowat/conf.json’’’

But the were not new update in admin panel after. I just try on Windows, Android, Linux and iMac and it’s look working so far

Thank all you deserve a jar of cookies :blush:
Very big thanks !!!

Thanks a lot @Aleks. As already discussed here, I indeed had a mixture of stable and testing packages installed. I did the switch to testing and now my clients are connecting again :slight_smile: For reference, here is my config:

$ sudo yunohost --version
yunohost: 
  repo: testing
  version: 11.1.2.2
yunohost-admin: 
  version: 11.1.2.1
moulinette: 
  version: 11.1.2
ssowat: 
  version: 11.1.2.4

And the content of /etc/ssowat/conf.json (notice that I needed to display more than 6 per occurence to see use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf).

"nextcloud.api": {
            "auth_header": false,
            "label": "Nextcloud (api)",
            "public": true,
            "show_tile": false,
            "uris": [
                "re:myotherdomain\\/.well-known\\/.*"
            ],
            "use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf": false,
            "users": [
--
        "nextcloud.main": {
            "auth_header": true,
            "label": "Nextcloud",
            "public": true,
            "show_tile": true,
            "uris": [
                "mydomain"
            ],
            "use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf": false,
            "users": [

For those willing to make the switch, just be aware that the admin user is deactivated in 11.1.

Since the script installs the testing versions of the packages, this is what I would expect.

Thanks for your help and this beautiful system that Yunohost is!

Hi,

hahaha : it is a great way to have more user in the testing channel.
I run
sudo curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | sudo bash
Then my yunohost has been updated.
And I was able to synchronise Nextcloud Client again.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cyril

1 Like

Is there a timetable when the failure will be fixed in stable?
Or is there the possibility of rebuilding on the test channel back into the stable channel?
I dont want to be a testing, but of course want to use my Servers again…

Hello everyone. Ok so we were all on the wrong testing version on YNH and with thanks to Aleks some of us have fixed that issue and we can now sync files with Nextcloud clients again… Whoo - Hooo!!

However. Although I can now use file sync using the Nextcloud client, non of my devices can use calDAV and CardDAV. I was using these across multiple devices trouble free since the ssowat update and although the file sync issue is working again, now I’m on the correct YNH version, my contacts and calendars will not authenticate.

I have deleted the Cal/CardDAV accounts on all of the devices and tried to recreate them without success. I just can’t seem to authenticate calendars and contacts any longer.

If anyone else uses Nextcloud Cal/CardDAV can you confirm that you are able to connect and sync your calendars and or contacts please.

Many thanks

Dj

Again thanks to Aleks for pointing us in the right direction with this. Merci.

Hi! I have no problem anymore after I upgraded testing ; CalDav and CardDav are correcly authenticated through my clients. And syncinc works too.