App upgrade : le paquet yunohost (4.4.2.14) doit être >= 11

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 4.4.2.14

Description of my issue

:uk: :us:

Hello,
I’m trying to update my apps. All of them fail with the message below. How can I fix this please ? It looks like it’s messing up with Yunohost version and Debian version.

:fr:

J’essaie de mettre à jour mes applications mais j’ai le message ci-dessous. Comment puis-je résoudre ce pb svp ? On dirait qu’il se mélange entre la version Yunohost et la version Debian

$ sudo yunohost app upgrade qr
Info: Now upgrading qr...
Error: Requirements are not met for qr, the package yunohost (4.4.2.14) must be >= 11

You should update your server to YunoHost 11 (Bullseye)

OK, this is planned in a few weeks. But you answer means that version 10 is no more supported at all and the we MUST upgrade right now.

No, my answer is that if you want to install an app set with YunoHost 11 as requirement, you need to upgrade to Bullseye. Of course, you can still use YunoHost 4.4.2.14. (from your post I can’t tell which witch app you are trying to install…)

I’m not trying to install any app new app. All of them (Nextcloud, QRcode, ttrss, etc.) have been installed months ago. I’m just trying to upgrade them with the web admin interface. So I guess the admin interface should pick up the app in the correct version, with it’s latest hotfix.

$ sudo yunohost app upgrade qr
Info: Now upgrading qr...
Error: Requirements are not met for qr, the package yunohost (4.4.2.14) must be >= 11

Indeed most apps now only update to a version only supporting Yunohost 11/Debian11. You can’t upgrade them to these version before migrating to Debian 11.
If there is a security fix integrated in such a version, indeed you are left vulnerable until you upgrade to Yunohost 11/Debian 11.

If there were newer update supporting Debian 10 released after your last upgrade of them, you could upgrade to these versions. But the admin UI will not do that for you automatically. You would need to find the latest branch/commit corresponding to such a version on the github repository, and then use that URL to upgrade your app manually (I don’t remember if the web UI let you do this, but you can do it from the command line - don’t hesitate to ask for help :).

Thanks. I planned to upgrade to Debian11 in a few weeks because of a lack of time. in case something goes wrong. Upgrading manually also requires time (because I’m not expert) so I guess I have to migrate anyway.

That’s indeed the simplest way (don’t forget to make backups first :wink: ).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.