500 error seen on update page

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi (specify version, 0 to 4) at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 11.1.19
I have access to my server : Through SSH and web admin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi there,

I did a batch update to my server through the system admin, and I am now getting a 500 error. I feel like this may be an easy fix, but I’m blanking right now. Here is the log:

Error: "500"

Action: "PUT" /yunohost/api/update/all

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/interfaces/api.py”, line 457, in process
ret = self.actionsmap.process(arguments, timeout=30, route=_route)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/actionsmap.py”, line 584, in process
return func(**arguments)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/tools.py”, line 372, in tools_update
upgradable_apps = _list_upgradable_apps()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/app.py”, line 2621, in _list_upgradable_apps
app[“notifications”][“PRE_UPGRADE”] = _filter_and_hydrate_notifications(
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/app.py”, line 3142, in _filter_and_hydrate_notifications
return {
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/app.py”, line 3148, in
or is_version_more_recent_than_current_version(name)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/app.py”, line 3134, in is_version_more_recent_than_current_version
current_version = str(current_version)
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘current_version’ referenced before assignment

What’s the best way to fix this? I’m still pretty new to server admin. Thanks!

1 Like

Exactly the same problem with my installation since the last update.

PS Well, it fixed itself after removing some domains and an app. I can update again my system.

(The issue is fixed in 11.1.20. If you can’t upgrade from the webadmin or yunohost cli, you can exceptionally upgrade using sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.